Computational resources are available for high performance and scientific computing, bioinformatic analysis, visualization, and data storage. Research Computing continually expands its services and technologies, ensuring researchers have access to a world-class computational environment. We are committed to developing a responsive and highly capable computing infrastructure that helps researchers with big data challenges of the future across all academic disciplines at Dartmouth.
Research Computing is a centrally funded Dartmouth Core Facility, part of Information Technology Services. We offer support in all academic research domains: GIS, statistics, humanities, engineering, life sciences, physics, chemistry, etc…
Much like the library, we provide a free, as well as customized fee-based, service to support the Dartmouth Research Community at larger (including PIs, post-docs, research associates, and graduate/undergraduate students) for all your computational needs, such as:
• High Performance Computing (HPC) with the Discovery Cluster and other dedicated hardware solutions
• Data Support — large scale, shared, lab storage for academic and research purposes
• Systems Support — Virtual Machines, etc.
• Software Support — research software licensing and support (Matlab, R, ArcGIS, CLC Genomics Workbench, etc.)
• Training — use of HPC, software/tools, etc. Regularly scheduled or tailor made to your needs (lab, small group, one-on-one)
• Software Development / Programming / High Performance or Parallel Programming
• Visualization of data
• Grant Support — writing and software/hardware configuration and pricing
• Consulting — project and management support
Take a look at our RC brochure.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at Research.Computing@dartmouth.edu. We will be happy to meet one-on-one, in groups/labs, or just come by and answer any questions.