Research Computing facilitates the advancement of research by providing leading-edge computing services. We are also known as Research Information, Technology and Consulting (RITC), a department within the Dartmouth College division of Information, Technology and Consulting,
Computational resources are available for high performance and scientific computing, bioinformatic analysis, visualization, and data storage. Research Computing continually expands its services and technologies, ensuring researchers have access to a world-class computational environment. We are committed to developing a responsive and highly capable computing infrastructure that helps researchers with big data challenges of the future across all academic disciplines at Dartmouth.
Research Computing is a centrally funded Dartmouth Core Facility, part of Information Technology Services. We offer support in all academic research domains: GIS, statistics, humanities, engineering, life sciences, physics, chemistry, etc…
Much like the library, we provide a free, as well as customized fee-based, service to support the Dartmouth Research Community at larger (including PIs, post-docs, research associates, and graduate/undergraduate students) for all your computational needs, such as:
• High Performance Computing (HPC) with the Discovery Cluster and other dedicated hardware solutions
• Data Support — large scale, shared, lab storage for academic and research purposes
• Systems Support — Virtual Machines, etc.
• Software Support — research software licensing and support (Matlab, R, ArcGIS, CLC Genomics Workbench, etc.)
• Training — use of HPC, software/tools, etc. Regularly scheduled or tailor made to your needs (lab, small group, one-on-one)
• Software Development / Programming / High Performance or Parallel Programming
• Visualization of data
• Grant Support — writing and software/hardware configuration and pricing
• Consulting — project and management support
Take a look at our RC brochure.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at Research.Computing@dartmouth.edu. We will be happy to meet one-on-one, in groups/labs, or just come by and answer any questions.